I've never really blogged before so who knows where this will lead or even if it will lead; but here goes nothing, or maybe everything. I've shy-ed away because of exposing myself this way to my very diverse circle of friends and acquittance.
Since moving to Minneapolis 3 years ago I have missed my friend Esther so very much. I felt so disconnected from her, but then she started blogging - and then I didn't feel so disconnected any more. But guess what, she still felt disconnected from me. So partly this is for her, my dear sweet friend Esther and the other parts are for me.
And now the post....tis the season for busyness, or umm, should that be Jesus. Oh yeah, Jesus was the correct answer. I have been very busy during these beginning winter months; but surprisingly I feel very connected to the reason for the season this year - maybe it's the nightly family advent readings, maybe it's the great sermons Michael has prepared and shared in church, maybe it's been the prep for the advent candle lighting each week, or maybe it's the opportunities I've had to share this season about Christ; but no mater what it's been, it's been good. Thankfully. Very thankful.
I am blessed to have a husband who plans our Christmas plans out and keep it's simple, uber-simple. So little stress. Tonight we got the cookies trays for Christmas day delivery done. Shopping is down. I've finished my sermon for Sunday today. And it's just time to sit back and relax and enjoy the festivities with lovely Michael and sweet Melisa.
Oh, and by the way T-7 days till sunny Florida.
1 comment:
Awwww! For me?!? I got a little teary!!
I am happy that you're starting a blog and look forward to feeling more connected. :o) And if you don't end up blogging as much as you'd hoped, I'll love you anyway!
Post a Comment